Food Intolerance Testing
Simple, effective testing for 40 foods with immediate results.
“ Less than 2% of the population suffer with food allergies, however, up to 45% of the population is estimated to suffer from some form of food intolerance.” Cambridge Nutritional Sciences.
What is a Food Intolerance?
A reaction to a food that is not life threatening but may still result in symptoms that impact quality of life. Symptoms of intolerance can occur sometime after the food has been eaten and it can be difficult to identify the food or foods which caused the symptoms. Some food related symptoms may be caused from enzyme deficiency or chemical sensitivity, whilst in others an autoimmune response may be involved. An allergy results in more immediate symptoms which may be life threatening.
These may include:
- IBS & Digestive Issues – bloating, cramping, excessive wind, water retention, nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, weight control & colic
- General health – low energy, poor immunity, insomnia, fatigue.
- Respiratory – rhinitis, sinusitis and asthma
- Musculoskeletal – arthritis, joint pains, aching muscles and weakness
- Central Nervous System – migraine, headache, impaired concentration, mood changes, depression or hyperactivity
- Skin Problems – urticaria, acne, eczema,itchy skin & other rashes
What is a Food Intolerance Test?
A food intolerance test measures IgG antibodies which may be linked to inflammatory conditions in the body, manifesting in a range of health issues. We use a simple, effective test, testing for 40 foods with immediate results.
What does the test involve?
A small blood sample is taken from a finger-prick and is then diluted and added to the tray. The reaction tray is spotted with food protein extracts. In subsequent steps the use of detector and developer solutions identifies the presence of food antibodies through the appearance of one or more blue spots on the tray.Once identified, the trigger foods may be eliminated from your diet. The test is safe, effective and results are available within the appointment – no waiting for lab. processing!
Dietary and lifestyle recommendations are provided on the basis of your results.
For more information or to book your test call 01926 450990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org