Research has shown that diet, lifestyle, stress and acupuncture may boost fertility in both men and women. The following treatments can be used both for those trying naturally and those going down the assisted fertility route, such as IUI, IVF or ICSI.
- Nutritional Therapy – good nutrition is very important for both men and women in pre-conceptual care. It will also give the mother the best chance of conceiving, and will help with achieving and maintaining a healthy pregnancy.
- Hypnotherapy– trying for a baby can heighten stress and anxiety, hypnotherapy may help ease emotional tensions.
What affects our fertility?
Age, weight and lifestyle can all have an impact on our bodies’ systems and thus our fertility. These include:
- stress levels
- alcohol consumption
- medical conditions
- recreational drugs
These factors influence both male and female fertility. Through acupuncture and lifestyle adjustments, treatment may help to improve fertility for both men and women.
Bringing the menstrual cycle into balance is central to acupuncture treatment. Signs of imbalance include:
- painful periods
There is evidence that acupuncture may help with the following:
- Regulate menstrual cycle
- Reduce stress (B Endorphins)
- Improve blood flow to the ovaries and uterus
- Calm the contractility of the uterus, making it more receptive to an embryo
- Improve IVF pregnancy rates
- Endometrial lining
- FSH levels
A man’s good health is as important in conception as the woman’s.
Lifestyle can have a huge impact on the quality of sperm. Stress and general health can also have an effect
Acupuncture may help to
- reduce stress levels
- improve semen parameters
- stimulate reproductive systems
- improve general health and constitution
Acupuncture and IVF
At this Clinic we have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the IVF process and offer treatments to support you throughout the cycle. On the day of embryo transfer Pre and post transfer treatments can be carried out either at the hospital or here at the Clinic. To be followed by a 7-10 days post transfer treatment. This course of action may increase the chances of a more positive outcome in IVF and ICSI.
The next step or to find out more about Acupuncture, Nutritional Therapy or Hypnotherapy for Fertility Support…
Why not book one of our free 15 minute consultations to see if this is the treatment for you, or if you’d simply like to find out more, please call us on 01926 450990. Alternatively pop in to the clinic to have a chat with one of our friendly staff.