- B.Ed. (Hons)
- Cert. Marital & Couple Counselling Theory and Practice
- P.G. Dip. Psychosexual Therapy
- COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists) – Accredited Member
- BACP (Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Psychosexual therapy
- Relationship difficulties
- Psycho-sexual disorders
I offer a talking-based therapy to clients experiencing psycho-sexual disorders or relationship difficulties to help them arrive at a solution that is appropriate for them.
Psychosexual therapy helps individuals or couples to address their concerns or difficulties within a sexual relationship. Some people are able to deal with such problems themselves but for others, where distress or unhappiness persists, therapy can help. The main point of therapy is to offer a safe and non-judgmental place and regular time to talk about improving a sexual relationship.
Whilst the focus is generally on sexual or relationship issues, these may be linked with what is going on in the rest of your life – stress, problems at work, financial, family or physical difficulties – and it is also fine to talk about all these issues.
I am a CORST accredited therapist and I trained as both a relationship counsellor and a psychosexual therapist with Relate, where I was in practice for thirteen years. I have been in private practice since 2011.