You are here: Practitioners » Sally Duncan
Psychosexual & Relationship Therapist
Psychosexual & Relationship Therapist
- B.Ed. (Hons)
- Cert. Marital & Couple Counselling Theory and Practice
- P.G. Dip. Psychosexual TherapyÂ
- COSRT (College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists) – Accredited Member
- BACP (Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Psychosexual therapy
- Relationship difficulties
- Psycho-sexual disorders
- Telephone: 07854 424 607
- Email: email@example.com
I offer a talking-based therapy to clients experiencing psycho-sexual disorders or relationship difficulties to help Â them arrive at a solution that is appropriate for them.
Psychosexual therapy helps individuals or couples to address their concerns or difficulties within a sexual relationship. Some people are able to deal with such problems themselves but for others, where distress or unhappiness persists, therapy can help. The main point of therapy is to offer a safe and non-judgmental place and regular time to talk about improving a sexual relationship.
Whilst the focus is generally on sexual or relationship issues, these may be linked with what is going on in the rest of your life – stress, problems at work, financial, family or physical difficulties – and it is also fine to talk about all these issues.
I am a CORST accredited therapist and I trained as both a relationship counsellor and a psychosexual therapist with Relate, where I was in practice for thirteen years. I have been in private practice since 2011.
- Lic. Ac.M.B.Ac.C Â Acupuncture
- Digestive disorders
- Back pain
I have always had a passionate interest in good health and complementary medicine and after experiencing the profound affects of acupuncture treatment myself, I knew this was the route I wanted to pursue.
I qualified in Acupuncture and Counselling in 1993 and during more than 20 years in practice I have built a wealth of experience treating many different conditions such as migraine, arthritis, menopause, P.M.T., allergies, pregnancy and fertility.
In recent years, I have continued my training to include pre-conceptual care (male and female), IVF, pregnancy and menopause. This has led me to become a Founding Member of the Zita West Clinic Network, who specialises in this field.
- MA Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MSc Social and Economic Studies
- BSc (Hons) Sociology
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, CPCAB
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies, CPCAB
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, ABC
- Diploma in Teaching in The Lifelong Learning Sector
- Registered member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Person Centred
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Creative Therapy
- TA (Transactional Analysis)
My counselling experience has covered a wide range of issues from low self-esteem and lack of self-confidence to depression, anxiety, symptoms of panic, or the difficulties of coping with bereavement. I also help people with a range of unhelpful behaviours such as issues around eating, self-harm, addiction, anger issues and problems maintaining relationships. I have worked with individuals suffering from trauma, both recent and that experienced in childhood, usually as a result of neglect, physical abuse or sexual abuse. I am particularly interested in issues surrounding identity (cultural, gender based or those based on sexuality) and the pressures of fitting into wider society.
Further experience comes from working closely with parents for many years, having specific knowledge surrounding post-natal and parenting issues. I am a Person Centred Counsellor, who provides a safe and empathic place for individuals to explore what is going on in their world. I then utilise tools from other specialisms, namely cognitive behavioural therapy, creative therapy and psychodynamic approaches, to assist the client in best dealing with their particular issue or situation. I have a background in Sociology and Social Science, having gained a degree and Masters in this area. I recently added to my qualifications by gaining an MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Lic.Ac (Licentiate in Acupuncture)
- Adv.Lic.Ac.(Advanced Licentiate in Acupuncture)
- Ac.M. (Masters in Acupuncture)
- MBAcC (Member of the British Acupuncture Council)
- Traditional Acupuncture (Five elements)
- Panic Attacks
- Telephone: 07956 336 976
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I worked with Prof. J.R. Worsley for 9 years and was responsible for filming and editing his lectures. I then had acupuncture treatment which worked for me. I became so interested in acupuncture that I decided to start the course in March 1990. I qualified in 1992 and started in practice at the Traditional Acupuncture Centre in 1992.
I went on to complete the advanced acupuncture programme and gained an Acupuncture Master qualification in 1999 (9 Â˝ years after I started the course). I have written and had published a book in 2006 on acupuncture point location which is a set book for acupuncture courses.
BA(Hons), Lic Ac MBAcC, Diplomas in Massage, Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Indian Head Massage, MWM Dowsing, C&G Teach Cert
- Indian Head Massage
- Body Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Swedish/Body Massage
- Chinese Five Element Theory
- Holistic Studies
- Acupressure Massage
- Hopi Ear Candling
- Chakra Healing/Meditation
- Allergy Testing
- Listening and understanding well
- Stress and Emotional traumas
- Pre and post natal care/Fertility problems
- General Health well being
- Physical and painful conditions (Pain Relief)
- Eczema and other skin conditions
- Conditions where massage is required with acupuncture
My alternative therapy journey began in 1977, with a Swedish massage diploma in London. This offered excellent groundwork, but seemed to lack sensitivity, and I was drawn to an aromatherapy and reflexology diploma. Chinese acupuncture attracted my attention too, and in 1989, I enrolled on a three year acupuncture degree. During the course, I was introduced to zero-balancing, and am continuing the advanced training certification programme. I have happily treated patients for more than 20 years, and also teach at three local colleges. I have run my own courses for 6 years and have opened a School of Holistic Therapies, with the intention of gaining Diploma accreditation shortly.
BA (Hons) Lic. Ac. M.B.Ac.C Traditional Acupuncture. Usui Reiki.
Traditional Acupuncture (5 Element)
(member of the Zita West network; specialist fertility training)
Additional therapies – Cupping, Gua Sha, Relaxation Therapy
Traditional Acupuncture and Reiki.Â Fully qualified and insured.Â Over 13 years experience in private practice treating many conditions including emotional & mental health, womenâ€™s health, digestive, dermatological, pain relief, back pain, sports injuries, stress and anxiety.Â Expert in fertility, Â IVF and pregnancy.Â AffiliatedÂ and trained by Zita West.
I stumbled upon acupuncture by accident whilst I was pregnant with my daughter, having aggravated my back problem walking the dog. I was advised by my pre-natal consultant to try acupuncture to relieve the pain which was increasing by this time. I was blown away by the outcome…….no pain!
I decided to train at the College of Traditional Acupuncture, Leamington Spa and graduated with a BA (hons) in Traditional Acupuncture in 2003. Since graduating I have set up a successful private practice.
I attend post graduate training and have been trained in all aspects of fertility, pregnancy and birth by Zita West. I am a founder member of Zita Westâ€™s affiliated acupuncturist scheme.
- Doctoral degree in Acupuncture and Chinese medicine from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, 2005-2007
- Medical Doctor of Associate Professor in Acupuncture, evaluated by Beijing Senior Professional Degree Evaluation Committee, 2004
- Member of China Acupuncture Society, since 2002
- Master degree in Acupuncture and Chinese medicine from Institute of Acupuncture, China Academy of Traditional Chinese medicine, 1996-1999
- Medical Doctor of Chinese medicine certificated by Beijing Municipal Health Bureau, 1995
- First degree in acupuncture and Chinese medicine from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, 1988-1993
- Chinese herbal medicine prescription
- Acupressure and Chinese Massage
- Pain relief, knee, shoulder, back
- Migraine and Headache
- Neurological problems – Stroke, MS, PHN and TN
- Digestive disorders
- Varicose veins
Growing up from the homeland of Acupuncture; I am deeply interested in the mysterious theory and amazing effect of traditional Chinese medicine. This has led me to explore the natural and holistic health care over 20 years.
I started to learn Chinese medicine in 1988 by going to Beijing University of Chinese Medicine. After obtaining my first degree in 1993, I have been further supervised and trained for my Master and Doctoral degrees in Acupuncture, by Professor Xinnong Chen from China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Professor Jijun Jiang and Professor Shizhe Gu from Beijing University of Chinese Medicine. I co-authored 7 papers with my supervisors on their experiences and skills in acupuncture.
After 20 years of practice in acupuncture and Chinese medicine for more than 10,000 people, I have formed my own understanding and experience in acupuncture treatment by vitalising the energy of meridian and acu-points. Now I am very confident in providing my patients effective and comfortable treatment. I’m looking forward to new challenges ahead and hope more people will benefit from the traditional Chinese therapy.
- Masters degree in chiropractic
- Member of the McTimoney Chiropractic Association
- Member of the Royal College of Chiropractors
- Registered with the General Chiropractic Council
- McTimoney Chiropractic
- Muscle release techniques
- Dry needling
- Neurological and musculoskeletal conditions
- Migraine, headache and cranial conditions
- Sports injuries
- Back, neck and shoulder pain
- Pain, discomfort and stiffness in joints
- Muscular aches
- Arthritic pain
- Chiropractic for children and during pregnancy
- Telephone: 07776 443 119
- Email: email@example.com
I graduated with a Masters degree in chiropractic and have worked with Deirdre Edwards, at Abacus Chiropractic Clinic in Stratford-upon-Avon, since 2011. I have developed my practice with further training in chiropractic care for the pregnant and paediatric patient.
I have practised Wudang style Tai Chi for many years, which has developed an understanding of efficient posture and movement. I am a Technique Instructor at The McTimoney College of Chiropractic in Abingdon.
For more details visit my website www.amlchiropractic.com
- LicAc. (Licensed Acupuncturist)
- Diploma Aromatherapy and Massage
- Certificate in Basic Massage
- Acupuncture, including Facial Revitalization Acupuncture
- Massage – Hot Stones Therapy Massage; Japanese Face Massage; Aromatherapy Massage;
- Deep Tissue Massage.
- Emotional Health
- General Health
- Facial Revitalization
Please contact the clinic on (01926) 450990 in order to be put in contact with Jackie.
Many complex issues with my own health and well-being left me feeling discontented and out of kilter with myself and my environment. A good friend recommended that I have acupuncture and since that time I have not looked back. The changes that occurred in my life and the sense of empowerment that I experienced were so strong that I decided to change the direction of my life and embark upon studying acupuncture along with other complementary therapies. Consequently my approach to treating is one that focuses on the individual as a person, “holism,” with a view to re-establishing a sense of well-being and vitality.
- Licentiate in Acupuncture
- m.BAcC (member of the British Acupuncture Council)
- Bowen Technique
- m.BTPA (member of the Bowen Therapy Professional Association)
- Bowen Technique
- Psoas Muscle Release
- The interaction between and balance of physical, emotional and mental health
- Musculo-skeletal complaints
- Telephone: 07974 334 264
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ
I learned acupuncture after personal benefit from treatment and later trained in the Bowen Technique. Less (treatment) is more (response) is so much a part of Bowen’s success.
Worked with Liz Koch who has developed ways to release the Psoas muscle which, due to its deep location, is difficult to treat (see coreawareness.com).
These three approaches complement my interest in the body’s capacity to heal on both physical and emotional levels. Healing potential is in the subtlety of application.
- BA (Hons)
- Diploma in Natural (Naturopathic) Nutrition (D.N.N.)
- mF.N.T.P. (member of the Federation of Nutritional Therapy Practitioners)
- Nutritional Therapy
- Food Intolerance testing
- Diet & Lifestyle Assessments
- Personalised health and dietary plansÂ
- Cleansing and/or weight loss plans.
- Digestive disorders – Coeliac, GERD, indigestion,Â bloating.
- Bowel issues – IBS, IBDs,Crohns, colitis, diverticulitis, etc.Â
- Fertility challenges – for natural approaches & assisted conception
- Hormonal Imbalances – PMT, morning sickness, menopause.
- Anxiety, depression & stress.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (M.E.)Â
- High Cholesterol.Â High Blood Pressure
- Osteoporosis.Â Arthritis.
- Skin Conditions – Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne
- Telephone:Â 07725 239 785
- Email: email@example.comÂ
After discovering how to use good nutrition to address my own ill health I became fascinated by just how powerful dietary changes can be in optimising health. I developed severe food intolerances, IBS and subsequently M.E. after contracting a stomach bug in India and used Nutritional Therapy to resolve my food intolerances, digestive issues and regain my strength and vitality.
I am now passionate about the influence our diets and lifestyles have over our health and how simple, effective changes can improve our quality of life.
I have always been a ‘foodie,’ loving to cook and eat, so discovering a whole new way of eating that was delicious and nutritious has been a key part of my work.
My philosophy is nourishment not deprivation – using dietary changes to optimise your health can be simple and affordable. Eating well and feeling good can actually be enjoyable – I can help you to becomeÂ healthier and happier.
Qualifications/Membership of professional bodies:
- Royal Society of Medicine, Senior Associate
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC, UK regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners)
- Bowen Therapy Professional Association (B.T.P.A.)
- Society of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Licensed Master Practitioner withÂ Certificate in Teaching ExcellenceÂ Â
- Bowen Technique
- Dorn Method
- Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Ericksonian Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- Telephone: 07866 502 923Â
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ
I grew up in a culture that valued holistic and natural healthcare methods to the extent that they could be prescribed by the family doctor. I chose to study a range of therapies and techniques for Body and Mind that enhance each other. They are holistic in their nature, produce results and are complementary to general medical care. I have been in practice for over 20 years and aim to help you take care of your own and your familyâ€™s health and well-being.
For more information, please visit my website: www.brigittenix.com
m.STAT (member of the Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique)
- Telephone: 07717 838 249
I am a qualified teacher of the Alexander Technique (A.T.) with over 25 years’ experience. My insight into A.T. has been enriched by 20 years practice as a Humanistic Psychotherapist and exploring the complex link between the body, the thinking self and the emotions.
Â The Alexander Technique helps millions of people across the world to naturally overcome:
- Back, neck and joint pain
- Muscle tension and stiffness
- Poor posture
- Breathing and vocal problems
- Anxiety and stress-related conditions
People use the Technique to:
- Improve performance and prevent injury in music, drama and sport
- Enhance business and presentation skills
- Develop ease and elegance in movement
- Support pregnancy and childbirth
- Improve balance, stability and coordination
- â€¦or simply because they want to change conditions that stop them enjoying a happy, healthy life.
- M.B.Ac.C. BA(hons) in Psychology
- Trained as Counsellor with Relate
- Mostly Five Element Acupuncture
- Depression and Relationships
- Confidence issues
- Emotional and Mental Block
- Out of Sorts Feelings
- other Stress Related Problems
Concern about stress and its physical and psychological manifestations in the lives of people have guided me thorough my studies, work and life experience to Acupuncture. I believe that it is a gentle, profound and effective approach to control stress. It can re-establish the equilibrium of the energy which keeps us ticking and which is threatened daily by our frustrations, the pace of life and our loneliness. Acupuncture empowers people, centers them and helps them towards some serenity. I believe that it is the best tool to achieve this. I have practiced and received it for 20 years!
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy from the Institute of Optimum Nutrition (ION), London
- Qualified coach in the internationally renowned Metabolic BalanceÂ® Weight ManagementÂ programme
- mBANT (member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapists)
- mCNHC (member of the government recognisedÂ Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
- CertASK â€“ Foundation Course in Systematic Kinesiology from the Association of Systematic Kinesiology
- Nutritional Therapy
- Systematic Kinesiology
- Metabolic Balance Weight Management â€“ individual weight management programmes
- Weight Loss / Weight Management â€“ I offer two approaches to this â€“ either the individually tailored Metabolic Balance Weight Management programme. Or Pay As You Go nutritional therapy appointments.
- Digestive Health â€“ bloating, irregular bowel movements, IBS symptoms, reflux
- Food Sensitivity Testing â€“ I use Kinesiology muscle testing to assess food sensitivities â€“ this is an inclusive part of a consultation with me. I can also arrange biochemical testing for food intolerance â€“ including gluten and dairy sensitivity and coeliac disease.
- Poor energy / Chronic Fatigue
- Hormonal Imbalances â€“ menopausal symptoms, PMS, fertility
- Skin issues
- Adrenal fatigue
- Telephone: 07786 587 517 / (01926) 885 263
- Email:Â email@example.com
My name is Vicki Gotham. I am an experiencedÂ Nutritional Therapist,Â Kinesiology PractitionerÂ andÂ Weight Management Coach. My aim is to support my clients in improving their diet and lifestyle in order to address their health issues.
I have experienced firsthand the dramatic effect that dietary changes can have on overall health. I travelled extensively in my 20â€™s and became very run down. My diet was terrible. Something had to change. That is when I discovered the world of complementary therapy. It helped me hugely and I have been hooked ever since!
I qualified in Nutritional Therapy 10 years ago from the prestigiousÂ Institute for Optimum Nutrition. I am a member of theÂ British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapists (BANT)Â and the government recognisedÂ Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
In seeking to help clients with stubborn weight issues I have also trained as a Coach in the internationally renownedÂ Metabolic BalanceÂ® Weight ManagementÂ programme.
I have more recently addedÂ KinesiologyÂ to my list of therapies. This is a holistic therapy using the bodyâ€™s bio-feedback mechanism through muscle testing to gain information about the client. Having experienced this incredible therapy numerous times myself I was compelled to train as a practitioner to add a whole new dimension to my consultations.
My consultations utilise a combination of different investigative techniques to try to ascertain the underlying causes of your health complaints:
First there will be detailed discussion of current health concerns and health history. I am always trying to piece together the puzzle of what led to what! I will ask you to complete a diet diary and will analyse this â€“ specifically looking for approximate levels of macro and micro nutrients in your diet â€“ are there any obvious deficiencies or excesses?
I also usually undertake a session of kinesiology muscle testing â€“ this can be incredibly useful for investigating possible underlying issues in your health – for example food intolerances, digestive problems and hormonal imbalances. I can arrange biochemical tests if there seems a need – these can give extra information into digestive health, food intolerance, hormone balance, thyroid and adrenal health). However, often we start with the discussion, dietary analysis and muscle testing and see where that takes us – it is usually quite enlightening!
I practice from the Traditional Acupuncture Centre in Leamington Spa, however I can offer phone and Skype consultations too. I see clients of all ages â€“ male and female. Health issues are diverse, though I do find that digestive problems, fatigue, hormonal and skin issues are very common â€“ and usually interlinked! My aim is to offer achievable and practical dietary advice to get to the root cause of poor health and to start to improve it from Day One.
For more details about me and the therapies that I offer, please visit my website: www.healthyapproach.co.uk